Bruker EOS 500 laser-induced breakdown spectrometer
U.S.-based Bruker Corp. has introduced the EOS 500 hand-held laser-induced breakdown spectrometer (HH-LIBS) for high-speed analysis of metals and alloys. The company says the spectrometer offers these features:
- grade identification and chemistry in light element alloys containing lithium, magnesium, aluminum or silicon
- speed, accuracy and repeatability
- approximately 10 times faster than hand-held XRF (X-ray fluorescence) spectrometry
- wavelength range allows the use of alternative wavelengths
Visit http://bit.ly/1Qfe0C7 for more information.
Bunting High Intensity Separation Conveyor
United Kingdom-based Bunting Magnetics Europe Ltd. has debuted its new High Intensity Separation Conveyor (HISC) stainless steel magnetic separator, featuring:
- designed specifically for stainless steel separation
- design and configuration of the high intensity permanent rare earth magnets in the head pulley produce a unique magnetic field, enabling even stainless steel with very weak magnetic properties to be attracted and separated
- a two-pulley conveyor belt transports material into the high intensity magnetic field of the head pulley
Visit www.magneticseparation.co for more information.
Bollegraaf HBC-140 baler
Netherlands-based Bollegraaf Recycling Solutions has introduced its “next-generation” Bollegraaf HBC-140 baler, with updated features, including:
- significantly reduced rate of wire breakage and lower energy consumption, thereby producing heavier bales
- a design that contributes to the production of compact, heavy bales for maximized freight and handling efficiency
- “eco-design” motors that can provide electricity savings of up to 30 percent
- automatically switches to standby mode after 180 seconds
Visit www.bollegraaf.com for more information.
Sennebogen 821 ME electric material handler
Sennebogen Maschinenfabrik GmbH of Germany has introduced the 821 ME electric material handler, which features an integrated powerpack. The company says the model offers:
- quiet efficiency that combines the advantages of an electric handler with a mobile unit
- a 90-kilowatt electric motor with low operating and service costs and eliminating the need for exhaust treatment
- an integrated diesel powerpack built into the counterweight
- all hydraulic functions can be operated when the machine is in Powerpack mode
Visit www.sennebogen.com for more information.